To remove the residue, following our regular washing instructions should help.
These are the steps for washing your GuineaDad Liners.
- Remove the liners from the habitat and make sure they are free from any poop.
- Flip the pocket inside out to ensure that section of the liner also gets cleaned.
- Fold the liner in half, with the blue waterproof side is on the inside, and the other side is facing out.
- Use either cold or warm water, medium spin, and heavy soil level.
- If your machine has it, use the extra spin and extra rinse options.
- Do not overfill the detergent compartments. Only fill about half way.
- For a natural fabric softener and disinfectant, use ¼ to ½ cup distilled white vinegar.
- Make sure that as much of the water is spun out of your liners as possible. This ensures that it dries properly.
- Drying temperature should always be set to the lowest setting possible.
- Do not use medium or high heat, as this can damage your liners and even cause shrinkage.
- Try to dry for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Drape it over a chair inside or line dry the rest of the way.
- If line drying, making sure it is out of direct sunlight, as the heat can have the same effect as machine drying on high heat.